There are some known problems with my renderer/scene/camera before we even start:
- The scene is too dim for the iPhone camera (so ironically the renderer is not noisy enough)
- Sensitivity of the camera not modeled
- The spectral curves of the iPad are just a poor guess
- No polarization (the iPad emits polarized light)
- The iPad is being modeled as a diffuse source but its brightness should vary with angle.
- I just guess the refractive index of the glass plate and ball (1.5)
- Camera fov and position just in the ballpark. View direction way off.
|Left: rendered image. Right: photograph.|