dipityPix app

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Color bleeding looks like a bug!

This red effect is color bleeding in my living room this morning, and it is about what it really looks like (no photoshop or camera curve amplification).  I looked through the window in the image and no red out there!


The source for the image was obvious once I shadowed it.  It is all a red car across the screet that has caught the sun before most of the other objects.  It is mostly burned out here which is because it is bright.  I should have HDR'd it!  Next time.   On the right a figure blocking that car (I am standing by the wall where the red pattern appears, taking this picture) completely eliminated the effect.  Now THAT is a secondary light source like we idealize in discussions...


Also for those that enjoy these, Morgan McGuire collects images that look like bugs.  My favorite is the obvious shadow aliasing.

2 comments:

Jared M Johnson said...

Nice bug. Often when I go to the ocean and stare out at it, I think it looks fake. Thank you computer graphics...

Abelia Smith said...

Thanks for talk about, brilliant post and really its also very helpful
For more information

Custom Logo Design Service